The Cayucos Veterans Memorial Hall (known originally as the Cass Warehouse at Cayucos Landing) is a historical structure dating back to 1872. The property and building is owned by the state of California, maintained by San Luis Obispo county, and managed by the Cayucos Lions Club. In May 2016 during the course of routine maintenance the county discovered structural issues and the building was closed due to safety concerns. Interior bracing was installed rendering the main hall unusable and the party tent was setup in what was previously the picnic table area.
A formal restoration project is underway by the San Luis Obispo County Public Works Department and details regarding it can be found here.